People love Pacific Outfitters because of our employees. They add a personal touch to getting ready for outdoor adventures, helping find the best gear, giving first-hand experience on places to go play throughout Mendocino County, and helping people feel confident to try new outdoor hobbies.
We’re looking for attentive and knowledgeable people who genuinely love outfitting others. Are you an approachable team-player with a strong work ethic and sense of situational awareness? Are you in your happy place when talking about outdoor adventures or recommending the best gear?
If you answered “YES”, we want to meet you!
Pay Scale: $15.50/hr to $16.50/hr
Schedule: 30-36 hours per week with required holiday and weekend shifts
Prerequisites: This position requires the applicant to be 18+ year of age and able to possess a Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
To apply for this position, please download and fill out an
Then email it, along with your resume, to
No walk-ins please.
Our employees are our greatest assets! They are friendly, knowledgeable, and passionate about the outdoors. Because of this, we take the selection and hiring process very seriously.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we will consider you for the position on the basis of your employment application, prior work experience, and references. Pacific Outfitters does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
- Follow company and departmental policies and procedures
- Enthusiastically promote Pacific Outfitters’ mission of outdoor adventure and environmental stewardship
- Maintain professional relationships with coworkers and customers at all times
- Consistently provide outstanding customer service
- Always greet customers with a friendly smile and a positive attitude
- Assist customers with finding the right products based on their needs
- Recommend, describe and demonstrate the use of products
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Use POS system to ring up purchases and returns
- Keep sales floor clean, stocked, and organized
- Help your coworkers with various tasks as needed
- Capable of lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
- Able to assist in moving large or bulky items up to eighty (80) pounds
- Able to lift and carry up to five (5) pounds overhead to the highest shelf and back down
- Able to bend and stretch to place and retrieve products and signs on the highest and lowest shelves
- Capable of climbing up and down a ladder to reach merchandise
- Able to use carts and hand trucks to move heavy items and loads
- Able to place and retrieve products and signs on high and low shelves
- Able to bend and stretch as needed when retrieving products or organizing merchandise
- Able to navigate efficiently around clothing racks, product shelves, and displays
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Keep a clean and safe workplace at all times
Pacific Outfitters employee benefits include paid sick leave, paid time off, cash rewards, retirement plan, and employee discounts on products, classes, adventure tours, rentals and ski lifts. Medical Insurance is also available to full time employees.
Who We Are
We are an outdoor sporting goods store based in Eureka, California (with a second store location in Ukiah, California). Since 1968, we’ve been committed to preparing our customers for their next adventure while also making a positive impact on people and the planet. As so much more than just a retail store, we offer:
- Outdoor Apparel and Footwear
- Camping Gear
- Hunting and Fishing gear
- Kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, and accessories
At our core, we’re just a bunch of outdoor enthusiasts who are stoked to share our love for adventure with our customers. These are the values that guide our business every day.
Love for Adventure: We love sharing our excitement for the outdoors with our customers. Every item in our store and every outdoor experience we lead is designed to help enhance your pursuit of adventure!
Prepared for Anything: Adventures always have an element of the unexpected. We work hard to make sure you are never unprepared for the road ahead.
Committed to Stewardship: We want to make sure our actions have a positive impact on our community and our planet. We partner with eco-conscious brands, proactively support our local community, and we take the initiative to leave our green spaces better than we found them.