Our Pacific Outfitters team is growing! We have a management position open at our Eureka store.
Do you love spending time outdoors? Are you passionate about making outdoor activities accessible to everyone? Do you want to apply your leadership skills in a positive work environment with fellow outdoor enthusiasts? Do you have a strong sense of situational awareness and a knack for helping people feel cared for and at ease?
If yes, let’s set up an interview!
Schedule: Full-Time (40 hours per week, weekend & holiday hours are mandatory)
Compensation: starts at $20/hr, BOE
Prerequisites: This position requires the applicant to be 18+ year of age and able to possess a Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
To apply for this position, please download and fill out an
Then email it, along with your resume, to
No walk-ins please.
Our employees are our greatest assets! They are friendly, knowledgeable, and passionate about the outdoors. Because of this, we take the selection and hiring process very seriously.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we will consider you for the position on the basis of your employment application, prior work experience, and references. Pacific Outfitters does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
- Learn and demonstrate all company and departmental policies and procedures
- Be able to monitor sales, customer service, and productivity
- Support and maintain a positive work environment in line with our Company culture which fosters teamwork, accountability, transparency, initiative and leadership
- Support the Recruiting and Hiring Program and the Employee Management and Training Programs
- Assist management with strategies and feedback on scheduling; be able to post a schedule and make adjustments
- Enforce the Time and Attendance Policy; monitor rest and lunch breaks
- Enforce safety, health, and security rules at all times
- Ensure that all departments are completing their daily checklists and projects
- Work with Merchandising Team to maintain store’s appearance
- Work with Buyers on inventory projects and customer requests
- Be competent in the use of general office equipment and software; be able to perform all POS procedures
- Provide outstanding customer service by greeting and assisting customers
- Represent the company professionally and positively
- Be available to work holidays, special events, and weekends.
- Capable of lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds
- Able to assist in moving large or bulky items up to eighty (80) pounds
- Able to lift and carry up to five (5) pounds overhead to the highest shelf and back down
- Able to bend and stretch to place and retrieve products and signs on the highest and lowest shelves
- Capable of climbing up and down a ladder to reach merchandise
- Able to use carts and hand trucks to move heavy items and loads
- Able to place and retrieve products and signs on high and low shelves
- Able to bend and stretch as needed when retrieving products or organizing merchandise
- Able to navigate efficiently around clothing racks, product shelves, and displays
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Keep a clean and safe workplace at all times
Pacific Outfitters employee benefits include retirement, paid sick leave, paid time off, and employee discounts on products, classes, adventure tours, rentals and ski lifts. Medical Insurance is available to full time employees.
Who We Are
We are an outdoor sporting goods store based in Eureka, California (with a second store location in Ukiah, California). Since 1968, we’ve been committed to preparing our customers for their next adventure while also making a positive impact on people and the planet. As so much more than just a retail store, we offer:
- Outdoor Apparel and Footwear
- Camping Gear
- Hunting and Fishing
- Kayaks, Stand-Up Paddleboards, Surf, and Full-service Dive Shop
- Bikes & Bike Technicians
- Firearms and Firearm Classes
- Guided Adventure Tours (Hiking, Kayaking, SUP, & Surfing)
- Adventure Classes (Kayaking, SUP, & Surfing)
At our core, we’re just a bunch of outdoor enthusiasts who are stoked to share our love for adventure with our customers. These are the values that guide our business every day.
Love for Adventure: We love sharing our excitement for the outdoors with our customers. Every item in our store and every outdoor experience we lead is designed to help enhance your pursuit of adventure!
Prepared for Anything: Adventures always have an element of the unexpected. We work hard to make sure you are never unprepared for the road ahead.
Committed to Stewardship: We want to make sure our actions have a positive impact on our community and our planet. We partner with eco-conscious brands, proactively support our local community, and we take the initiative to leave our green spaces better than we found them.