Pacific Outfitters is seeking a Purchasing Agent for our main office in Eureka. If you have excellent attention to detail, are highly organized, and love multi-tasking, we want to meet you!
As a firearms dealer, we need you to be eligible to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility and be at least 18 years of age.
To apply for this position, please download and fill out an
Then email it, along with your resume, to
No walk-ins please
As part of the Inventory Team:
- Processes inventory projects such as:
- Product balances
- Ongoing data management (i.e corrections, updates, price changes), and
- Physical counts.
- Receives and transfers firearms
- Monitors and maintains inventory control systems such as:
- Data Entry Error Report
- Inventory Status Report
- Daily Sales
- Intra-Company Transfer Report
- Department Multi Store Reports
As part of the Purchasing Team:
- Performs basic purchasing functions in database software, such as:
- Item creation and management
- Setting mins, maxes, and case packs
- PR/PO creation and maintenance, and
- Utilizing autogen features
- Is able to order product with vendors, including weekly maintained carts
- Assists coworkers with various tasks as needed
- Is competent in the use of general office equipment and software
- Answers phone calls, and makes calls to other locations, customers and vendors in a polite and professional manner
- Maintains appropriate working relationships with coworkers, vendors, and customers
- Enthusiastically promotes Pacific Outfitters’ mission of outdoor adventures and environmental stewardship
- Consistently provides outstanding customer service
- Represents the Company positively and professionally
- Follows Company and departmental policies and procedures
- Required to work 30-40 hours per week
Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds throughout the day along with carrying ten pounds while walking
Able to lift and carry up to five (5) pounds overhead to highest shelf and back down
Able to assist moving large or bulky items up to eighty (80) pounds
Able to use pallet jacks, carts and hand trucks to move heavy items and loads
Able to bend and stretch to place and retrieve products and signs on the highest and lowest shelves
Able to navigate around clothing racks, product shelves and displays
Able to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time
Able to climb stairs and ladders on a daily basis
Keep a clean, safe workplace at all times
Pacific Outfitters employee benefits include paid sick leave, paid time off, and employee discounts on products, classes, adventure tours, rentals and ski lifts. Medical Insurance and participation in our 401k program are also available to full time employees.
Our employees are our greatest assets! They are friendly, knowledgeable, and passionate about the outdoors. Because of this, we take the selection and hiring process very seriously.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we will consider you for the position on the basis of your employment application, prior work experience, and references. Pacific Outfitters does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
Pacific Outfitters personnel are employed on an at-will basis.